Our Advanced Medication Awareness course is specifically designed for senior staff, team leaders and experienced carers, whose role involves handling medication. Our training focuses on the importance of accurate recording and reporting of the administration of medicines. While also covering varying ways in which the risk of errors can be reduced. Attendees will be taught about the different types of medication alongside the correct methods of administration and disposal. Our course ensures that all delegates are fully prepared to support patients under their care alongside providing the correct administration of their medication safely, accurately and legally.
Outline of Programme
- Attendees Roles and responsibilities.
- How you should administer medicines.
- What is a MAR chart, And how to fill one in correctly.
- Disposal of medication.
- Reporting of Errors.
- Causes and effects.
Advanced Medication Awareness takes around 3 hours and delegates will be expected to engage in a number of group activities. Our experienced trainers will be on hand to help guide delegates through these sessions and a certificate will be awarded upon completion.
Safety Trainings courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote. Geographic restrictions may apply.
- The training venue should be quiet and undisturbed.
- Staff should not be expected to be on duty.
- Staff attending should remain for the entire length of the session.
- Flexible dates, call to book a day that suits you.
- We Cover All of Yorkshire, Humberside, Lincolnshire & Nottinghamshire.