Our dementia awareness course is aimed at individuals working with people who suffer from dementia in a health or social care setting. Attendees will leave the course with a clear understanding of what dementia is and how to manage it effectively with a greater awareness of the sensitive issues surrounding dementia. Our course can be used as an introduction to the area or as an excellent refresher to maintain or update the delegate’s knowledge.
Outline of Programme
- What is dementia?
- Different kinds of dementia.
- How to assist people with dementia and their carer’s.
- Supporting individuals with dementia.
- Managing behavioural shifts.
- Enabling and empowering individuals with dementia.
The dementia awareness training course takes around 3 hours and delegates may be expected to engage in a number of group activities. Our experienced trainers will be on hand to help guide participants through these sessions and a certificate will be awarded upon completion.
Our courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote.
Make a saving by utilising a trainer for the whole day. Any 3, 2 hour courses; or 2, 3 hour courses can be combined for discounts of up to 30%!
- The training venue should be quiet and undisturbed.
- Staff should not be expected to be on duty.
- Staff attending should remain for the entire length of the session.
- Flexible dates, call to book a day that suits you.
- We Cover All of Yorkshire, Humberside, Lincolnshire & Nottinghamshire.