Our Diet and Nutrition Awareness course is tailored to enable staff in a range care settings assist their clientele in appropriately selecting their food and drink, whilst assisting with consumption. Delegates will come away from our course with a clear understanding with how to assess the individual needs of each client, including the key minerals and nutrients which they may require. Delegates will learn ways in which they can vary their client’s diets and the impacts of good and bad nutrition on the body and health. Alongside this the attendees will learn about malnutrition and how it affects the mind and body.
Outline of Programme
- Understanding the need for nutrition
- The importance of fruit and vegetables
- Nourishing the elderly.
- What is malnutrition?
- The causes of malnutrition, and how it affects the mind and body
- Learning how to identify malnutrition through screening methods.
The nutrition awareness training course takes around 2 hours and delegates may be expected to engage in a number of group activities. Our experienced trainers will be on hand to help guide participants through these sessions and a certificate will be awarded upon completion.
Safety Training’s courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote. Geographic restrictions may apply.
- The training venue should be quiet and undisturbed.
- Staff should not be expected to be on duty.
- Staff attending should remain for the entire length of the session.
- Flexible dates, call to book a day that suits you
- We Cover All of Yorkshire, Humberside, Lincolnshire & Nottinghamshire.