Our Evacuation Sledge Awareness course aims to assist individuals and businesses comply with the safe evacuation of an individual who would not be able to do so in a safe and timely manner in the event of an evacuation. By the end of our course attendees will have the ability to operate an evacuation sledge in a safe and successful manner in the event of an evacuation. This course is ideal for anyone who’s job role consists of assisting anyone with a mobility impairment who may need help in the event of an evacuation.
Outline of Programme
- Introduction and explanation.
- Regulations affecting the mobility impaired.
- How to prepare and secure a person to an evacuation sledge safely.
- Knowledge of when an evacuation sledge may be required.
- Manoeuvring the evacuation sledge up/down stairs.
- Restrictions and disadvantages of equipment.
- Ability to operate confidently.
- Manual handling involved with the equipment and operation.
- Understand the term Fire Refuge Point.
- Experience the feeling of traveling in an evacuation sledge.
The evacuation sledge awareness training course takes around 3 hours and delegates may be expected to engage in a number of group activities. Our experienced trainers will be on hand to help guide participants through these sessions and a certificate will be awarded upon completion.
Safety Training’s courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote. Geographic restrictions may apply.