Our First Aid at Work is an intensive, high quality course that provides delegates with the plethora of practical skills required to respond to a variety of first aid emergencies. Upon completion, attendees will be awarded with a certificate that allows them to become a designated workplace first aider in compliance with the health and safety at work act 1974. As a result of our instructor’s experienced ability, if requested prior to course commencement bespoke situations tailored to your working environment can be designed to make training seem more relevant.
Outline of Programme
- Introduction and explanation.
- First aid health and safety regulations.
- How to manage incidents accordingly.
- The examination of a casualty and further actions/treatments.
- Treatment of unconsciousness, Shock, bleeding, fractures, burns and scalds.
- How to deal with heart attacks, eye injuries and general common illnesses.
- Knowledge of basic life support.
- First aid kits and dressings.
- Recording and reporting injuries.
The First Aid at Work course is delivered over a three-day period. Students are individually examined on the final afternoon of the course. Upon successful completion, first aiders receive certification to allow them to practice for three years after which a re-qualification course becomes necessary. It is strongly recommended that you update your skills by taking an annual refresher.
Safety Training’s courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote. Geographic restrictions may apply.