Our HABC accredited course is ideal for individuals at beginner level, with no experience of fire safety and would be an excellent induction to enable them to move on to train at a higher level. Our course ensures all attendees will leave with a full understanding of fire safety including how to carry out risk assessments, the causes of fires, prevention measures and how to effectively operate fire extinguishers.
Outline of Programme
- Common causes of fires.
- Preventing the start and spread of fires.
- Effects of fires on the workplace and staff.
- Identifying, controlling and reporting hazards.
- The Fire Triangle (Combustion Triangle).
- Duties and responsibilities of staff, employers and fire marshals.
- Using and maintaining portable extinguishers.
- Correct protocol when dealing with a fire.
- Risk assessment.
The HABC fire safety awareness level 1 training course takes around 3 hours and delegates may be expected to engage in a number of group activities these sessions, and a certificate will be awarded.
Safety Training’s courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote. Geographic restrictions may apply.