Our infection control course is great for those who work in an environment where optimum hygiene is essential (for example health and care industries).
All attendees will be taught the importance of infection control measures; they will also be made aware of their responsibilities in relation to managing them. Delegates will also learn about Covid-19 and what infection control procedures to take. Furthermore, developing practical skills in accordance with industry standards and guidelines set out by the World Health Organisation (WHO).
Outline of Programme
- What is infection control?
- The chain of infection and how people are infected.
- The different types of germs and infection.
- Health Care Associated Infections.
- Why we need infection control and HCAI management.
- How to wash hands to WHO standard.
- Personal protective equipment.
- Preventing infection.
- Why we have infection control policy and legislation.
- The role of the CQC.
- Covid-19 Safety
Infection Control Awareness training takes around 2 hours and delegates will be expected to engage in a number of group activities. Our experienced trainers will be on hand to help guide delegates through these sessions and a certificate will be awarded upon completion.
Safety Trainings courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote. Geographic restrictions may apply.