Our infection control course is targeted at individuals operating in an environment where optimum hygiene is crucial, such as the health and care industries. Attendees will be taught the importance of infection control measures in the work place; they will also be made aware of their responsibilities in managing them. Delegates will also develop practical skills in accordance with industry standards and guidelines set out by organisations such as the World Health Organisation (WHO).
Outline of Programme
- What is infection control?
- The chain of infection and how people are infected.
- The different types of germs and infection.
- Health Care Associated Infections.
- Why we need infection control and HCAI management.
- How to wash hands to WHO standard.
- Personal protective equipment.
- Preventing infection.
- Why we have infection control policy and legislation.
- The role of the CQC.
Infection Control Awareness training takes around 2 hours and delegates will be expected to engage in a number of group activities. Our experienced trainers will be on hand to help guide delegates through these sessions and a certificate will be awarded upon completion.
Safety Trainings courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote. Geographic restrictions may apply.
- The training venue should be quiet and undisturbed.
- Staff should not be expected to be on duty.
- Staff attending should remain for the entire length of the session.
- Flexible dates, call to book a day that suits you.
- We Cover All of Yorkshire, Humberside, Lincolnshire & Nottinghamshire.