Our Medication awareness course is aimed at a variety of care settings and is fully compliant, fulfilling CQC guidelines and National Minimum Standards. Once the attendees have completed our programme they will be fully conversant with current legislation whilst holding a practical understanding of the processes they must follow to administer medication safely. In addition our course expresses the significance of practical issues associated with, confidentiality and information security in drug administration.
Outline of Programme
- Introduction to medication.
- Storing and the dispensing of medicine.
- The importance of documentation, confidentiality and record keeping.
- Administration of medication.
- How to reduce and eliminating errors in administering medication.
- Who is accountable and responsible?
- Current legislation and legal requirements.
- Regulatory bodies.
Medication Awareness takes around 3 hours and delegates will be expected to engage in a number of group activities. Our experienced trainers will be on hand to help guide delegates through these sessions and a certificate will be awarded upon completion.
Safety Training’s courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote. Geographic restrictions may apply.
- The training venue should be quiet and undisturbed.
- Staff should not be expected to be on duty.
- Staff attending should remain for the entire length of the session.
- Flexible dates, call to book a day that suits you.
- We Cover All of Yorkshire, Humberside, Lincolnshire & Nottinghamshire.