Attendees will leave our course with clear knowledge of the Mental Capacity Act (MCA) and Deprivation of Liberties Safeguards (DOLS) were introduced with the aim of reinforcing the protection of vulnerable adults in care settings; they therefore form the guidelines of care for all professionals involved in the health and social care sector. Delegates will come away from this course with a working knowledge of the MCA and its relationship with DOLS, thus understanding how they can ensure that their every-day activities comply with both acts.
- Understanding the Mental Capacity Act 2005 and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards.
- What is mental capacity?
- When should we assess mental capacity?
- Mental capacity assessments
- Carer liability.
- Advance decision.
- What is Deprivation of Liberty?
- How are Deprivation of Liberties assessments carried out?
Mental Capacity Act and DOLS awareness takes around 2 hours and delegates may be expected to engage in a number of group activities. Our experienced trainers will be on hand to help guide participants through these sessions and a certificate will be awarded upon completion.
Our courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote.
Make a saving by utilising a trainer for the whole day. Any 3, 2 hour courses; or 2, 3 hour courses can be combined for discounts of up to 30%!
- The training venue should be quiet and undisturbed.
- Staff should not be expected to be on duty.
- Staff attending should remain for the entire length of the session.
- Flexible dates, call to book a day that suits you.
- We Cover All of Yorkshire, Humberside, Lincolnshire & Nottinghamshire.