One in four of us will experience a serious problem with our mental wellbeing at some point in our lives. This means it is highly unlikely any of us will make it through life without having a problem, or being close to someone who does.
People with serious mental health problems die on average 10 years younger than other people. This is because of the greater risk of poor physical health and a reluctance to access healthcare.
Our Mental Health Awareness training is constructed to help all business sectors by informing them on the significance of understanding good and bad mental health.
Participants will come away with the skills and ability to identify signs and symptoms of varying mental health, and what to do if you feel someone who needs help.
Outline of Programme
- Defining mental health?
- How to identify a mental health disorder
- What to do if you recognise a disorder
- Making a referral
- Providing support
- Discrimination and stigma
Our Mental Health Awareness course will take approximately half a day to complete; participants may be expected to engage in group activities. Our highly experienced trainers will be on hand to help guide delegates through these sessions and a Safety Training certificate will be awarded upon successful completion.
Safety Trainings courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote. Geographic restrictions may apply.
- The training venue should be quiet and undisturbed.
- Staff should not be expected to be on duty.
- Staff attending should remain for the entire length of the session.
- Flexible dates, call to book a day that suits you.
- We Cover All of Yorkshire, Humberside, Lincolnshire & Nottinghamshire.