Our Needles and Sharps training course clearly shows those working with needles and sharps how to use and dispose of them safely to reduce the likelihood of injury.
This course details good practice guidelines for the safe use and disposal of sharps equipment, it details key legislation to ensure both employers and employees are aware of their legal responsibilities regarding the safe use of sharps.
Our Sharps and Needles Awareness course has been tailored specifically for individuals whose roles face a potential risk of injury from used and discarded needles, syringes or sharps. As a result of our course participants will know how to recognise, report and prevent any potential risks however, if an incident was to occur they will know how to make safe Including first aid procedures if required.
Outline of Programme
- Introduction to sharps and needles
- Surrounding Legislation
- Recognising sharps and how they can potentially cause injury
- Potential risks
- How to treat injury
- Reporting injury
- Understanding blood borne virus’
- Risk assessment
- First Aid
Our Sharps and Needles Awareness course will take approximately half a day to complete; participants may be expected to engage in group activities. Our highly experienced trainers will be on hand to help guide delegates through these sessions and a Safety Training certificate will be awarded upon successful completion.
Safety Trainings courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote. Geographic restrictions may apply.
- The training venue should be quiet and undisturbed.
- Staff should not be expected to be on duty.
- Staff attending should remain for the entire length of the session.
- Flexible dates, call to book a day that suits you.
- We Cover All of Yorkshire, Humberside, Lincolnshire & Nottinghamshire.