Our Stroke Awareness course is for everyone including people who work in or intend to work in a healthcare setting; it is ideal if you work with patients who are at high risk of suffering a stroke. Participants will be taught by one of our experienced trainers to recognise the potential symptoms and effects of a stroke, whilst also being introduced to methods of treatment and what side effects they may cause.
Outline of Programme
- Have knowledge of what a stroke is
- Identify different types of stroke
- Recognising most common signs and symptoms
- Who is most at risk?
- FAST test
- How to treat those who have had a stroke
- The importance of emergency response and treatment
- Rehabilitation process
Our Stroke Awareness course will take approximately half a day to complete; participants may be expected to engage in group activities. Our highly experienced trainers will be on hand to help guide delegates through these sessions and a Safety Training certificate will be awarded upon successful completion.
Safety Trainings courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote. Geographic restrictions may apply.
- The training venue should be quiet and undisturbed.
- Staff should not be expected to be on duty.
- Staff attending should remain for the entire length of the session.
- Flexible dates, call to book a day that suits you.
- We Cover All of Yorkshire, Humberside, Lincolnshire & Nottinghamshire.