Our Working at Heights Awareness course is ideal for employees working at heights, managers and supervisors, alongside individuals who are responsible for them. Attendees will learn about the risks and legal implications involved with working at heights along with the practical precautions that should be adhered to.
Outline of Programme
- Introduction and explanation.
- Relevant legislation for both employees and employers.
- Reducing risk and implementing control measures.
- Ladders and stepladders.
- Edge protection.
- Scaffolding safety.
- Accessing towers and work platforms.
- Fall restraint and arrest.
- Risk assessment of site, task, equipment and personnel.
- Pre-use checks and inspections.
The working at heights awareness training course takes place over a 4 hour period. Delegates will be expected to engage in a number of group activities. Our experienced trainers will be on hand to help guide through these sessions and a 12 month certification will be awarded upon completion.